What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapists have advanced understanding of how the body moves, what keeps it from moving well, how to restore movement and function, and alleviate pain. Physiotherapists manage and prevent problems related to injury, aging or long periods of inactivity. Physiotherapists promote independence and work with you to teach important ways you can help yourself.
What Kinds of Treatment May be Used?
To maximize your recovery, we may treat using:
- Manual Therapy or Myofascial Release (hands-on)
- Machines such as Ultrasound or Electrical Stimulation (TENS, interferential current for inflammation and pain as well as muscle stimulation for strengthening)
- Therapeutic Exercise Programs for strength, flexibility, mobility, balance or co-ordination
- Gait Training or general conditioning
- Acupuncture for pain & inflammation
- Posture assessment and correction
- On-Site Computer Workstation Ergonomic Assessments
What Conditions Can be Treated?
- Musculoskeletal pains such as tendonitis, bursitis, sprains and strains
- Sports Injuries
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Neck & Back Pain
- Post-surgical or Fracture Recovery
- Pregnancy & Post-Partum Pain
- Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy