Our Ottawa Physiotherapists treat physical impairments, injuries, and promote health and wellness to restore your physical function and mobility.
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapists have advanced understanding of how the body moves, what keeps it from moving well, how to restore movement and function, and alleviate pain.
Physiotherapists manage and prevent problems related to injury, aging, or long periods of inactivity. Physiotherapists promote independence and work with you to teach important ways you can help yourself.
At your first appointment, your physiotherapist will take a health history and gather information about your injury then perform a thorough examination. Your physiotherapist will use this information to make a customized treatment plan.
Conditions We Treat
We welcome you to contact our office for more information or to book a consultation. We treat many conditions including:
- Musculoskeletal pains such as tendonitis, bursitis, sprains and strains
- Sports Injuries
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Neck & Back Pain
- Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Pain (Jaw Pain)
- Post-surgical or Fracture Recovery
- Pregnancy & Post-Partum Pain
- Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
Treatment We Use
To maximize your recovery, we may use a variety of treatment techniques including:
- Manual Therapy or Myofascial Release (hands-on)
- Machines such as Ultrasound or Electrical Stimulation (TENS, interferential current for inflammation and pain as well as muscle stimulation for strengthening)
- Therapeutic Exercise Programs for strength, flexibility, mobility, balance or co-ordination
- Gait Training or general conditioning
- Acupuncture for pain & inflammation
- Posture assessment and correction
- On-Site Computer Workstation Ergonomic Assessments